- Building relationships within the community, with community groups, families, and individuals.
- Fostering relationships with other schools, locally and nationally.
- Establishing an online presence locally, nationally, and globally.
- Meaningful activities and learning contexts, integrating information technology into curriculum areas, and supporting the development of essential skills.
- Support for teachers in using online technology.
- Discovering treasures in their local surroundings.
- Exploring personal values and a sense of identity.
- Collaboration and group activities.
- Motivation, and more effective learning, using the latest information technology.
- Meaningful activities and learning contexts that integrate curriculum areas, essential skills, and information literacy.
- Confidence to explore, adapt, and shape technological understanding and skills.
- Support in developing essential skills from the New Zealand Curriculum Framework.
For the community
- Encouraging students to take pride in their community.
- A place for local groups to promote themselves.
- Participating in a school project.
- Discovering and recording stories that have not been told.
- Initiating local history and oral history projects.
- Establishing a presence on the world stage.
For New Zealand
- Promoting local treasures to other New Zealanders, and the wider world.
- Preserving history and culture in a digital format for today's and future generations.
- Presenting a view of New Zealand through the eyes of our children.
- Showcasing New Zealand's unique character to the rest of the world.
For the world
- Discovering the unique and indigenous treasures of New Zealand.
- Sharing resources and experiences with New Zealand schools and communities.
- Building relationships with New Zealand schools and community groups.